Verses to Remember

From birth I have relied on you; You brought me forth from my mother's womb. I will ever praise you.

Psalm 71:6



Sunday, June 20, 2010

TGI Friday!!

Yep, it's that time again!

TGIfriday, a nice time to reflect on what's going on in our life, share what I'm currently interested in, and remind us of all the things we have to be grateful for! Feel free to add your own comments below of the things you are trusting for, grateful for, inspired about, or more!

Trusting that God has a plan for us regarding getting pregnant and starting a family. At times it is hard to stay optimistic since we don't know really what is going on with me and my hormones, but I started Clomid this month and have high hopes that it will help. Hopefully in the next couple days I will find out if it worked this month (causing ovulation) and we will go on from there, which will include increasing my dose for next month if I did not ovulate. It's hard to trust God and not worry about all the details, but I'm working on it! I know He has a perfect plan, and it will happen in the right time.


Grateful
that I can go camping this summer WITHOUT crutches, a walker and a big stinking brace on my leg! We already had a great time on our first of 3 camping trips this summer, out to O'dell Lake for some boating and fishing. Lots of sunshine and 6 salmon later, I cannot wait for our next trip! Luckily I don't have to wait long, since this Friday we're leaving for 4 nights in Bend with our Christian dirtbike group, RUTS, for their annual campout. And for those of you who remember, yes, this is the trip I broke my leg on last year... and no I won't be riding on any trails this time around! It's still a great time with a lot of great people!


Inspired to work on other rooms of our house, since we recently got our guest room all set up. I want to redo/finish/organize my craft room next. Currently the room is a pretty good size but has DARK wood paneled walls, a very low (6 ft) DARK wood paneled ceiling, two tiny windows and very little lighting, so it needs some help! It has good potential though, with lots of opportunity for storage and a good work space that I can just shut the door on :) I'm looking forward to getting all my gift wrapping, craft supplies, cardmaking and scrapbook supplies, and sewing stuff all put away!

(hey, I can dream, can't I?)

Favorite new breakfast/dessert/snack :) is a Dutch baby, aka a German pancake aka deliciousness in your mouth! It is a cross between a crepe and a pancake, and it's baked in the oven. Here's the SIMPLE recipe: Preheat oven to 425. Blend (or process in a food processor) together 3 eggs, 6 Tbls flour, 1 Tbls sugar, and 6 Tbls milk. Melt 2-3Tbls butter in a large oven safe skillet (stainless or cast iron work great- & at least 8 inches across, the pancake will expand!). Tilt pan to coat with butter, pour in mixture. Bake until puffy & golden, 12-15 min. Serve with lemon juice & powdered sugar (I also topped mine with strawberries!). ENJOY!! :)


Random - I have discovered that I quite enjoy Kokanee! Kokanee is a fresh water salmon that Jeff fishes for, and since he caught six (!) of them last weekend, I've been able to try out different ways of cooking them. I usually do our Alaskan salmon on the grill with a cilantro/garlic/lime pesto, so I tried that with the Kokanee and it was very good. Our favorite however, was grilled (on foil) with a mixture of lemon pepper, garlic, S&P, a bit of brown sugar and lots of lemon juice. Sounds like a weird combo but it was delish! Next up: smoking them!


Interested in learning how to do a proper Mini Schnauzer haircut. Key word being proper. Our little Heidi is a Mini, and while we are very happy that she does not shed (no Schnauzers do!), she does need regular haircuts. I have trimmed her hair many times, but I wouldn't say I've ever really done a "proper" Schnauzer haircut. And because our little darling lives on a farm, she actually could benefit from haircuts more often than most... at least if we want to keep her from bringing every leaf, stick and other farm "goody" into the house! And as for Heidi herself, while she loves having short, freshly trimmed hair, she really does not enjoy sitting still while Mommy trims it, so I do believe she also would want me to gain some new skills in this area, simply so we could get it done more quickly!


Dreaming about babies :) As you know, I am trying to get pregnant. As you may not know, I have recently been hired as a nanny for a 3 month old little girl named Ella! She is an adorable little thing, and her parents unfortunately have to go back to work, so I'll be watching her on the 4 days/week that they are both working. I'm already quite smitten but I'm sure it will be fun to hang out with her and watch as she changes so quickly these first months. She is precious and I feel honored to take care of her!


Admiring the new blog I found called Young House Love. The whole blog is great, but I particularly love all their more recent baby-focused posts, including all the DIY projects they did for their nursery! It's an adorable pear green and aqua colored nursery for a little girl--and it looks perfect! There are touches of pink and flowers, but it isn't overly girly and it definitely is a cheerful room any baby would be happy to grow into. You can check it out here, and pictures of their new little arrival here. Fun fun!


And last but not least. . .

Yay that my amazing and extremely generous parents, who like to make sure no holiday, birthday or anniversary goes by without being properly acknowledged, decided to completely splurge on us and bought us tickets to THE LION KING for our anniversary (this Wed, 6-23, will be 3 years!!), which we have been totally dying to see! It's one of few shows that both Jeff & I wanted to see, and we are SO excited to go to it! Plus I love an opportunity to dress up, especially since it's been an entire year since I've been able to wear heels! :) It's going to be the perfect way to end our weekend, and a wonderful way to celebrate our three years of being married, and 4 years of being together! Thanks again, folks. You guys really do spoil us! :)

2 comments:

  1. Young House Love is a great blog ;). I don't check it out enough and should re-visit sometime. Okay, so I couldn't find your email on your profile so I'm leaving you a comment to say thanks for all the creative and cheap ways to make some fantastic lighting! Love it! That paper clip masterpiece was seriously impressive. I went a much easier route and have my light up and posted! Come see http://www.thestoriesofa2z.com/2010/07/cage-lighting-part-duo.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia! I hope you're doing well. I've found the sling to be really helpful as well, and have actually found it to be my favourite way to go shopping with her, as opposed to lugging around the car seat or pushing the stroller (and having limited places to put purchases). This way I can push a cart and carry bags to the car without much trouble. Plus feeling the motion of me walking seems to put her to sleep. I find she has to be in the right mood though to be ok with being put into the sling. I just got a great one for free in the mail, so I'm enjoying it even more!

    Ya, Emily will suck on my finger or her own hand long before she'll take a pacifier. I think it's because the silicone ones are too stiff and the latex one I do have isn't quite the right shape. I hate to keep spending money on different ones, but I would love to find one that works for her.

    You need to enable email for your comments so I can email you back when you comment!

    ReplyDelete